Our congratulations to the following students on the following examples of the Olavian spirit of independence, determination and curiosity:
- Charlotte Kerr in year 13 has submitted an entry to the prestigious Oxford German Classics essay competition. This is run by the Oxford German Network out of Oxford University, and encourages sixth formers studying German to read a "classic" from the literary canon. This year's text was 'der Tod in Venedig' (Death in Venice) by Thomas Mann. We wish Charlotte luck for her entry and are delighted to see such initiative taken in wider reading in a foreign language.
- Ishan Kalia, Year 13, received an honourable mention and a certificate for the Gonville and Caius College History essay competition, which was an object biography on the Delhi Iron Pillar.
- Sanah Suresh, Year 13, was awarded 3 rd place in the 2020 LSE SU Economics Essay Competition.
- Ameya Athawale, Year 11, worked independently and gained his Silver CREST award over the Summer, looking for the ideal growing conditions for garden peas.
- Year 11 students Daniel Shahrabi Atari, Rohan Selva-Radov, Srij Bera and Abhishek Sundararaman undertook the Galactic Challenge - Journey to Mars as a group of four and received a Gold award.
- Tavishi Prasad, Year 13, gained the Industrial Cadets Silver Award, which involved over 30 hours of work on ‘The study of nanoscale interactions between light and metals.’